September 5, 2014

Chanel, Hermes, I Do Adore!

Hello! I am so very happy it is Friday! This Sunday I'm helping my friend set up her son's first birthday party. It is going to be a grand event for such a little man. :D I will definitely share photos on the blog. I can't believe he's one! Remember my post about his full month birthday party? Time really does fly by, and I'm starting to feel old! lol 

All my friends seem to have been getting pregnant and popping out babies! My friend keeps telling me I need to have a baby so her son can have a friend close in age. I'm reminding her that I still need to get married! lol I haven't started wedding planning yet, we've narrowed down the date to September of 2015. It will be a Saturday in September, we just don't know which week yet! I guess it really depends on what weekend the to be determined wedding venue has available. :D 

I prefer to spend my time adoring my girl friend's Chanel & Hermes goodies. She has such an AMAZING growing collection of fabulous luxuries! 
Hermes Anemone (Purple) is one of my favorite colors of 2014!! I could spend hours admiring the rainbow of my girl friend's Chanel & Hermes bags!
She really needs to have a daughter one day. :)
How pretty is this brooch! It has a really good weight to it too. 
 Absolutely gorgeous!
Birkin 30, Rouge Casaque  :D

I've learned so much about Hermes this past year. I've learned all the names of the colors, the type of leathers (Epsom, Togo, Swift, Clemence to name a few!), and all the different sizes of Birkin's & Kelly's. In the future if I ever get the opportunity to get a fabulous bag from Hermes, it will most likely be a Birkin in the 35 size, black with palladium (silver) hardware in Togo leather. :) I will make it my goal for when I turn 40! lol I have 13 years to save. :D

To be honest, shopping at Hermes is time consuming & exhausting...I went with my friend to Hermes at the Bravern in Bellevue, WA and we spent at least 2 hours there working with her sales associate. She would bring out items one by one to show us (starting with the less desirable items first, of course). It's an adventure to get what you actually want at Hermes. You almost are persuaded to buy a Birkin's worth of Hermes items before you get your Birkin offer. You generally only get offered two Birkin's a year. You build a profile with your store and there's some type of system that keeps track of what you buy per semester (2 semesters in a year) and how many of each item you're allowed. I think you're only allowed to buy 2 Hermes belt buckles a year. If you buy a belt buckle, you must buy a leather belt with it, but you are allowed to buy as many leather belts as you'd like. You're still limited to two Hermes buckles per year. It's definitely a journey of a lifestyle brand..they want you to immerse yourself, your family, and friends in Hermes everything to prove your appreciation of the brand before you get the Birkin or Kelly bag of your dreams. 

I just thought I would share my personal learning experience. :D In other news, I hear the Charlotte Tilbury makeup line is all the rage these days! I'm not familiar with her work which shows you how out of the makeup loop I am!! (Check out my makeup blog sale!)  I am curious about the line and would love to try makeup from her line. I think I will order a lipstick from Nordstrom as a treat to myself. :)


6 comments:

  1. Dream closet/dressing room! OMG! The display of handbags is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rhondalei G. I don't have that many bags yet, but I sure do have a display of OPI nail polish. ^_~ lol

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh. I hope that's insured! I had no idea there was such a culture behind this.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I had no idea it was so much work to get a Hermes birkin! But your friends collection is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love luxury handbags but the Hermes process is just ridiculous! Especially with their latest skunk order fiasco with the Birkins. I will happily give my money to other designers that are happy to sell me their goods. :)

    http://jemilylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emily I read about that! Hermes' strategy is really unique. It's fun to get a glimpse of the ever changing "Hermes lifestyle."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!